Premier League Betting Tips 9/10 November
Media Image Ltd
Arsenal were the big winners last weekend – their 2-0 victory over Liverpool extended their lead at the top of the Premier League to 5 points after five of the chasing six dropped points. Ars ne Wenger’s side followed that up with an impressive result, beating Borussia Dortmund 1-0 in Germany on Wednesday night in the Champions League.
The Gunners travel to Manchester United on Sunday. David Moyes’ side were victorious again last week, beating Fulham 3-1 and closing the gap between them and 4th place to 3 points after Tottenham drew 0-0 with Everton. United are coming off of a disappointing 0-0 draw with Real Sociedad in the Champions League.
Chelsea will be looking to bounce back from their 2-0 defeat at Newcastle when they host West Brom this weekend. Jos Mourinho has won 51 of his 65 Premier League games drawing the other 14 and his Blues are heavy favourites to pick up 3 points this weekend.
Liverpool too have a home tie they are expected to win following a 2-0 loss themselves last weekend. Brendan Rodgers’ side host an out-of-sorts Fulham at Anfield on Saturday.
Tottenham’s home game with Newcastle has been pushed back to Sunday after Andr Villas-Boas’ side’s exploits in the Europa League on Thursday. Newcastle may be buzzing from last weekend’s victory over Chelsea but face a tough trip to the capital where they’ve often struggled for success in the past.
Norwich City host West Ham in the televised Saturday evening game – two sides who are not scoring many of late. Fingers crossed Sky Sports have got this one right!
Manchester City’s trip to Sunderland is also televised on Sunday. A match that sees the league’s highest scorers travel to the league’s leakiest defence.
If you’re thinking about having a punt on this weekend’s action, here are some tips we recommend:
Chelsea vs WBA Saturday 9 November 15:00
- Chelsea have won 5 out of 5 at home, scoring 12 and conceding just 3 goals this season
- Samuel Eto’o is coming off the back of a 2-goal performance midweek and looks set to lead the line with Fernando Torres injured
- Eden Hazard, Frank Lampard and Juan Mata were all rested midweek. Not that Juan Mata needs a rest.
- West Brom were thrashed 4-1 at Liverpool in their last away game
- Shane Long, Nicolas Anelka and Victor Anichebe have all failed to score this season
- West Brom have lost at Reading and Norwich in 2013 and lost 1-0 at Stamford Bridge back in March
Recommended bet: Chelsea to win to nil 11/10 with Bet365
Crystal Palace vs Everton Saturday 9 November 15:00
- Crystal Palace are still yet to replace Ian Holloway
- Crystal Palace have lost 7 consecutive games in the Premier League
- Crystal Palace have scored just 2 goals during this losing streak
- Everton have kept back-to-back clean sheets
- Everton have only dropped points to Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur since transfer deadline day
- Everton enjoy success attacking down the wings – a weak point of Crystal Palace
Recommend bet: Everton to win 4/7 with Bet365
Liverpool vs Fulham Saturday 9 November 15:00
- Liverpool have won 4 of their 5 Premier League games at Anfield, scoring 9 goals and conceding only 3
- Daniel Sturridge has scored 8 goals in 10 Premier League appearances this season. Luis Su rez has scored 6 goals in 5 appearances
- Liverpool beat Fulham by an aggregate score of 7-1 last season
- Fulham’s 3 victories this season have all come against side’s currently in the bottom four
- Fulham have been beat by half-time by both Southampton (2-0) and Manchester United (3-0) in their last two matches. They scored a consolation against United in the second half
- Only Crystal Palace (9) and Sunderland (8) have lost more matches after 10 games than Fulham (6)
Recommended bet: Liverpool to win -1.5 goals 13/20 with Bet365
Southampton vs Hull City Saturday 9 November 15:00
- Southampton have conceded just 1 goal in 5 Premier League matches at St Mary’s this season
- Only AS Roma (2) have conceded fewer goals than Southampton (4) in Europe’s top 5 leagues
- Southampton have won their last three Premier League home matches 2-0
- Hull City have lost 4 of their 5 games on the road
- Hull City have conceded 90% of their 10 goals in away games
- Only Robbie Brady (3) has score more than 1 goal for Hull City this season
Recommended bet: Southampton to win 4/7 with Bet365
Sunderland vs Manchester City Sunday 10 November 14:05
- Manchester City are the Premier League’s top scorers with 28 goals in 10 matches
- Manchester City have won 3 of their last 4 Premier League matches, scoring 14 goals during that spell
- Sergio Ag ero has scored in each of his last 5 Premier League matches and 12 in his last 9 in all competitions
- Sunderland have conceded a league high 22 goals in 10 matches
- Sunderland have lost 8 of their 10 Premier League matches this season
- Only Crystal Palace (6) and Norwich City (6) have scored fewer goals than Sunderland (7)
Recommended bet: Manchester City to win -1.5 goals 11/10 with Bet365
The post Premier League Betting Tips 9/10 November appeared first on WhatCulture!.